Not Your Average Mommy Blogger

19, Married, Son...The rest are just small details right now.

Friday, February 03, 2006

*GASP* IT SPEAKS!

Yes, I am still alive.

I apologize for being such an awful blogger, and if everyone forgives me I promise to do better in the future.

The last few days have been awful. I'm so uncomfortable and sore all over and it's just not getting better at all. And I am a huge baby, so the pain has greatly incapacitated me. Nothing was worse than when my doctor's office sent me to the county hospital yesterday because my doctor was supposedly gonna be there. That was just the last straw in my attempting to make the best out of things.

First of all, let me say that my mother has given me all kinds of shit for not wanting to deliver at this hospital. She had me there, so if it was good enough for me to be born there so it should be good enough for my baby. We have argued endlessly about this, with me telling her that it's "ghetto" and it's not good enough for me or my child. Well I think yesterday finally shut her up.

The lobby of the hospital was gorgeous, the floors recently waxed, everything looking clean. Then we go downstairs to labor and delivery, and it's like a black hole. There's some sort of smell, I'm not quite sure what it was but it was just...bad. Then we go back to the waiting room, which is also the exam room. Basically, there's a room with a bunch of chairs scattered around the front, and two of those sheet divider thingies. Everyone is on top of each other, and when you walk you hear that sound. I'm not sure how to type it, but it's like "WSHHKKK WSSSHHHKK", you know, where your feet are kinda sticking to the floor. Yeah, disgusting. They hooked me up to a monitor for like 45 minutes, and told me I was "just pregnant". Also, the emergency breathing machine next to my "bed" (it was more of a ripped apart cot) was covered in dust and some sort of debris. Ugh. Oh, and also, my doctor wasn't even there. Stupid receptionist.

Needless to say, I declined a pelvic exam. It was bad enough that I was half undressed in there, but there was no way I was gonna be violated by a doctor that barely spoke English, in a room surrounded by crack whores. I'm never going to that hospital again, I don't care if Jesus Christ himself is supposed to be there.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're too funny. I would love to be pregnant. Two years trying and nothing yet! Good luck and hang in there!

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Hi I am Michele from the spring2006babies group, I also live in Maryland. What hospital are you delivering at? I am delivering at Carroll Hospital Center in Westminster, MD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home